How to Win a Soul to Christ
Forget most of what you see on the internet.
Soul Winning is Planting and Watering and occasionally Reaping. But the actual conversion of the Soul is done by the Lord. When a Soul Winner is used by the Lord as a Reaper, he or she is simply Planting and Watering at the time when the Lord does the saving.
We don't have to know much to get started, but do not stay short of knowledge from now on. Learn much, but it is not necessary to learn before starting. God will use whatever little is given Him. Just get started.
The best way to start is to simply tell others your testimony.
(Click - to learn how to put your testimony together)
This is simply testifying about your personal interaction with Jesus Christ.
* What is your personal knowledge of Jesus?
* What is your personal experience with Jesus?
A person cannot testify unless they have first hand knowledge.
* Not what was heard from others.
* Not what was told by others.
* Not what was experienced by others.
What happened to you?
Use a Tract or our Witness Pamphlet
* to get started
* to learn how to make the witness stream
Use one that flows.
* Does not introduce too many thoughts or new words.
* Does not jump from one thought to another, but flows from thought, then using the previous thought to open up the next.
* Does not use a lot of religious jargon. If you are new to this, neither you nor the one to which you are witnessing will understand what you are saying.
Read through the tract or Witness Pamphlet many times, so you know exactly where it is going and why. This will make you comfortable.
Once you begin to read and re-read the chosen tool, use it. You can attain great knowledge, but if never used, eventually will be lost.
Get to the point to where you can read the tract or our Witness Pamphlet "upside-down". This will make it much easier to handle when talking to more than one person. This easily done with a tract or Witness Pamphlet written in large print.
Take the prospect as far as he or she will go.
* If you only get to the first part about their being a sinner, it is alright, if that is as far as the prospect would let you go.
* If the prospect will allow you to even go through the prayer with them, fine, too.
Just remember, God does the saving. He sees the heart. You do not.
* If the prospect does not seem sincere, still take them as far as they will allow. After the prayer, whether they seem sincere or not, ALWAYS tell them, "If you meant your prayer just now, you are saved. If you did not mean it, then you are not saved."
This will appraise them of the fact that simply repeating a prayer will not save and they will not have any false hopes of Heaven.
The Hard Part
The hard part in Witnessing is not the telling of the Gospel, but in getting to the place to where the Gospel can be related, the Opening, see below.
Look at it this way. A witness comes in 3 parts.
Getting to where you can open your New Testament or tract or Witness Pamphlet
Relating the Gospel from the New Testament, tract or Witness Pamphlet
Winding up with ...
- Warning of insincerity
- Imparting assurance
- Pointing them to further help - Church
- Connecting with the prospect for follow-up
The Following gives us a little more detail
Here is how to get your Witness started.
"Hi, I am Steve Andres and we are letting folks know in your neighborhood about our church. Do you go to church sometimes?"
Everyone can answer "Yes" to this question, which is what we want them to do.
"You do? Great, in all of the churches you have attended, have they ever showed you what it takes to be Born Again?"
Use "in all of the churches" rather than saying, "at the church where you go". Make it sound like there is a problem in lots of churches, not just the one they are currently going to. This will help keep them from defending their current church.
We like to use the term "Born Again", because it has a mystical sound to it and is not often understood, even by those familiar with the term.
"No? But, if I could quickly show you what it takes to be Born Again, you sure would like to just SEE it, wouldn't you?" (Shaking your head with an affirmative motion.)
"OK, I have got a pamphlet here that spells it out very quickly. See right here it says ... ".
Then just read it WITH them. The prospect does not have to read out loud, but should follow along by looking at the words. People retain and comprehend more of what they see than what they hear.
Our Witness Pamphlet covers this in detail, except for the connecting. This can be seen at ... "Connecting with Prospects".
There is nothing to buy
* No books
* No tapes
* No videos
* No special equipment
Even our Witness Pamphlet is free to print.
G. Steven Andres
Copyright - 1996 to 2010